Dear CSI Members,
Under Byelaws(Section 5: Nominations and Elections) of the Computer Society of India, Nominations Committee hereby invite nominations from Voting Members for considering them for the various elective offices of the Executive Committee (ExecCom) and the Nominations Committee (NC) as well as Chapter Elections.Members are accordingly invited to submit the names of candidates who are validVoting Members for the following elective offices :
1. Vice-President cum President Elect
2. Nominations Committee (3 members)
1. Hony. Treasurer
2. Regional Vice-President (Region I): Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Uttaranchal and other
areas in Northern India.
3. Regional Vice-President (Region III): Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and other areas in Western India.
4. Regional Vice-President (Region V): Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
5. Regional Vice- President (Region VII): Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Andaman
and Nicobar, Kerala, Lakshadweep
6. Divisional Chairperson (Division I) – Systems
7. Divisional Chairperson (Division III) – Applications
8. Divisional Chairperson (Division V) – Education and Research
1. Signed letter/ E-mail from at least two valid voting members proposing the Nominee.
2. A signed letter/ E-mail from the Nominee confirming :
2.1 Acceptance to stand for election to the nominated office.
2.2 Willingness to devote adequate time for the Society’s work.
2.3 Commitment to attend at least three MC Meetings in a year (Not for Nominees to NC).
3. Two Passport size Photographs (printed) (3.5 cm X 4.5 cm) or softcopy of 413 x 531 pixels (300 dpi) in size.
4. Statement of Intent on how the nominee intends to serve the Computer Society of India.
5. Bio-data in the following suggested format:
1. Name :
2. CSI Membership No. :
3. CSI Membership since :
4. E-mail address :
5. Date of Birth (Age) :
6. Postal Address :
7. Phone/ Mobile/ Fax Nos. :
8. Educational Qualifications :
9. Publications – relevant to the office being nominated for :
10. Contribution to the IT profession :
11. Contribution made to CSI :
12. Experience - relevant to the position nominated for :
13. Honours/ Professional Recognition :
14. Other Relevant Information :
15. In case of Nominees who are holding or have held an Elected post
in CSI ExecCom or NC in the last 3 years:
a. Positions held
b. Statements of Intent submitted for the above positions
c. Results achieved/action taken
The proposals must be sent to :
The Chairman, Nominations Committee
C/o Hony. Secretary, Computer Society of India,
Samruddhi Venture Park, Unit No 3, 4th Floor, MIDC Andheri (East),
With a copy to :
Mr. Ved Parkash Goel - Chairman, Nominations Committee
All election related notices will be published on the CSI Homepage www.
csi-india.org. The date of publishing election related notices on the CSI
Homepage www.csi-india.org will be considered as the date of publication.
As per Section 4.6.4, “The word mail includes e-mail and the word publication
includes web publication”.
As intimated in the past, Chapter Elections will also be held simultaneously
with the National ExecCom Elections. Nominations Committees at the
Chapters will invite nominations for these positions from their respective members. All members are requested to visit their chapter website or contact the Chapter NC for more details.
• Start Date for call for chapter nominations: 15th Sept. 2016
• Last Date for receipt of chapter nominations: 10th October 2016
The nominations for Chapter elections should be sent to the chapter NC. BUT a copy of the nomination MUSTbe sent to CSI HQ and National NC at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for record. For chapters without a valid NC, National NC will conduct the elections.
1. Vice Chairman (Chairman elect) (2017-2018)
2. Nominations Committee (3 Members) (2017-2018)
3. Hony. Treasurer (2017-2019)
4. Managing Committee Members (2017-2018) (Class A : 8, Class B : 6,
Class C : 4) based on chapter membership
Chapter election process must be completed by 15th November 2016 i.e. the
results/slate must be communicated to CSI HQ by the chapter by this date.
If the chapter opts to go for online voting with National ExecCom voting, all
details of the nominees must be sent to CSI HQ/National NC by 31st October
2016. The election process in such cases would be completed by 31st January
CSI Nominations Committee 2016-2017
Mr. Ved Parkash Goel
Dr. Santosh Kumar Yadav
Mr. Sushant Rath